Thanks to sercczionelabusfor for tutorialThis guide is for N97 & N97 Mini users wanting QWERTYs in their devices.
I did this successfully in my N97 Mini Device.
I think this will also work with N97 Classic Device.
This will integrate Full Screen QWERTY and Mini QWERTY in your device.
1) Follow this guide, CAREFULLY:
Look at HERE
- The guide above will yield you with 3 files.
- Those 3 files are IMPORTANT.
- The phone would not boot if mistakenly used.
2) Download this file:
- These files are the files responsible for the QWERTYs.
- This has English Language Only. If you are using other Language as the system's language, the QWERTYs will not appear.
- To add other Languages, follow the instructions included.
- Also, included in the download are the files for French Language. You can use this as an example to integrate your own language.
- This file contains Smooth Brightness MOD. It changes Light Sensor Settings to Brightness Settings with Smooth Options.
- Also, this changes the Charger Light to a Brighter and Stable Light when charging while the phone is turned on.
- And this doesn't have Power Button Bug.
(This file is the reason that the C6-Ported Firmware for N97 Mini by binh24 has the Power Button Bug.)
(N97 Mini with C6-Ported Firmware |binh24| can use this file in Step 2 to fix that bug.)
3) Lastly, combine the files you have in Step 1 with Step 2.
OPTIONAL: Delete other PtiKeymappings_XXX_XX.dll found in your FW/CFW.
WARNING: (N97 Classic Users)
- Explanation of StaticFeatures.dll
* This file can be very PROBLEMATIC.
* It is found in ROFS2\sys\bin andholds the information for the features of the device as follows:
+ Virtual QWERTYs
+ FM Transmitter
+ Light Sensor
+ Power Button Information
* The 'StaticFeatures.dll' included in the package in Step 2 does not include FM Transmitter since
that file was actually modded for 5800 which also worked perfectly with N97 Mini.
(Devices that have no FM Transmitter)
* Thus, using the package in Step 2 will disable FM Transmitter.
* If you want FM Transmitter back, you can use your ORIGINAL StaticFeatures.dll and SUFFER this consequences:
+ Virtual QWERTYs won't appear. (Since N97's DLL File does not indicate the presence of these keyboards)
* Or you can PM great newcooller for a solution to this.
- I was giving up in this mod. Turns out to be there were just 2 files missing in my package (CenRep and StaticFeatures.dll).
- For providing me a StaticFeatures.dll that has Smooth Brightness in it and Brighter & Stable Charger Light.
* You can use C5-03 QWERTY Mod for C6 in this Mod.
* You can also use 4 Rows Keyboard Mod in this Mod.
* However, you cannot use the AutoRotate Mod for C6 in this Mod. (If someone can make a mod for this, please tell me.)